Purpose of Position
- To facilitate ministry praise and worship to the volunteer members of each trip
- To provide leadership in the process of building homes in Juarez Mexico for People Building People. Not only will you be facilitating tasks for completing the building/house during the week, but also using your knowledge to teach new construction skills to members of the volunteer group.
- Collaborative relationship with all volunteers during their week in Juarez for carrying out the goals and mission of People Building People Ministry.
- Remote supervision by the Board of People Building People.
- Effectively lead the construction site.
- Plan small group worship before the main devotion Monday through Wednesday night.
- Teach all participants construction skills as needed.
- Make sure that each upcoming work site has enough materials and space to effectively build the home according to blueprints.
- Make sure that all water and food supplies are adequate for the new arriving volunteers.
- Take digital pictures of each group during the week and prepare a Power Point Presentation by Friday morning at the end of each week.
- Work with your host (Armando and Laura) to keep the orphanage clean and operational.
- Assist on a need basis with the nightly devotion services.
- Maintain a Christian lifestyle.
- Must have enthusiasm for People Building People Ministry and a willingness to work with all participants of each trip.
- Have knowledge of construction tools and materials.
- Commitment to the mission values, and vision of People Building People.
- Should have a teachable and humble spirit, open to hearing the needs and suggestions of the board members and trip leaders.
- Must be 18 years of age/ 21 years of age to drive in Mexico.
- Strongly prefer that applicant has spent either one year at college or one year living and working away from home.
- Experience on a People Building People Mission trip is preferable, but not required.
- Ability to lead and speak at large gatherings.
- Work schedule: A commitment to live and work in Juarez, Mexico for the summer (somewhere between 7-9 weeks). Hours of work will equal approximately 6 days a week and 10-14 hours for Monday through Thursday, and shorter flexible hours from Friday – Sunday.
- Prefer that applicant be certified in CPR.
- Prefer that applicant speak Spanish.